Middle School and High School Administrators,
Would you like to host Stan’s How to Study Class: after school program at your school or community organization?
We would love to serve families at your school. Let us help. Set up a program in three easy steps (see below).
WHAT IS IT?
- An in-person after school class designed to help students succeed in school
- Students are equipped with easily implementable study skills, strategies, and actions that aim to have an immediate impact on the student’s academic performance
- The one-day class is conveniently located at the host school and typically is scheduled from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. — we provide snacks for the students.
WHO IS THE HOW TO STUDY CLASS FOR?
- Middle School Students (6th grade and up) – improve your academic performance in middle school and likewise get a head start on fine-tuning the study skills you’ll need to be successful in high school. The study skills you develop in middle school play a critical and direct role on your academic performance in high school
- High School Students – grades and the rigor of your high school classes are fundamental to the college admissions process. Having strong study skills serves as the foundation for earning great grades in school
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE CLASS?
- Improved grades in school (which, by the way, increases your chances for scholarships, admission to academic programs, and job opportunities)
- Less stress, particularly with regard to completing school assignments
- Greater confidence on the part of the student in terms of his or her ability to do well in school
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Goal setting
- Organization skills
- Time management
- Communicating with Teachers
- Preparing for Quizzes, Tests, and Papers
- Much, Much More
WHO TEACHES THE CLASS?
A staff member from TheSecretToWriting.com provides the instruction
Richard is a “B+” student. Yet his parents and teachers know he can easily be an “A-“ or “A” student. What can Richard do?
Stan’s How to Study Class can provide Richard with strategies to improve his study habits, which stands to positively impact his results on school assignments and ultimately improve Richard’s grade point average (GPA). Stan’s How to Study Class will not only help Richard perform well in high school, but also the class will give Richard a competitive advantage by preparing him to meet the increased demands and rigor of college.
Tyler is in middle school and is just learning how to study. Her parents recognize the importance of good study skills in order for Tyler to be successful in both middle school and high school. Tyler’s parents want her to go to college. Her parents are willing to invest in Tyler’s education and personal development at an early age because they know it will pay off in the future.
Tyler’s mom and dad are spot on. Tyler’s parents know that 50 to 60 percent of a student’s success in school results from strong study skills, not raw intelligence.
Stan’s How to Study Class: after school program is generally structured as a parent self-pay program. The average cost per student ranges between $119-$129, which includes the class instruction, program packet, and snacks. The price variation is based on some customization that might be required at different school locations.
THREE EASY STEPS TO GET STARTED?
STEP 1: Call us at 404.869.1290.
STEP 2: Let us know when you would like to host a class.
STEP 3: We will provide you with a flyer about the program for the parents/guardians of your students and a link for parents to register their students online.
Click the Buy Now button. When paying the class fee, you will see the company name, The Secret To Writing, LLC.
We reserve the right to make class time, location, or instructor changes.
We reserve the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment. In the event a course is cancelled, please allow 4-6 weeks from the scheduled date of the course to receive a refund. We also reserve the right to require the withdrawal of any participant whose conduct is unsatisfactory or who appears unlikely to benefit from the program. If the directors of the program make this decision, a refund will be given for the remaining portion of class fees. We reserve the right to make staffing, schedule, or location changes as may be necessary.
If you wish to cancel your registration 15 days or more days before the class, you will receive a complete refund, minus a $50 processing fee per cancelled ticket. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your refund. No refunds will be issued to any registration cancelled 14 days or less before the event.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The class is scheduled from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Why these hours?
- We want to make sure that we have sufficient time to cover the material. The schedule is already tight. We know that the day can be somewhat long for the students, however it is a one-day program, as opposed to a multiple day program. We encourage students to get plenty of rest the night before the day of their class. Plus, we aim to make the class fun and interactive. Given that the class ends at 7:00 p.m., we also hope that this end time will make it a little easier for parents to leave work and to arrive at the school to pick up their student on time.
I understand that Stanley B. Lemons is writing a new book that encompasses some of the material taught in the How to Study Class. When and how can I get a copy of Stan’s new book?
- Great question. Thank you for asking. Mr. Lemons’ new book is titled, Stan’s How to Study System: how to be successful in middle school, high school, and college. The book is scheduled to be released in the fall/winter of 2017-18. The content that is taught in the How to Study class is incorporated into Stan’s forthcoming book. Stan’s How to Study System is a must-have resource for students. Join our mailing list and receive information on the release date for the book and how you can pre-order Stan’s How to Study System. Click here for the mailing list.
Do you have any testimonials about Stan’s How to Study Class?
“I’m in 9th grade, currently attending Alpharetta High School. this class has helped me immensely already; it has improved my time management skills, study skills, and more! I am very happy that I took this class, it (what I learned in this class) will stay with me, and help me for years to come.”
Will, 9th Grade Student, Alpharetta, Georgia
Matthew, 11th Grade Student, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
“Stan’s How to Study Class was very useful and informative! It offers students a system of strategies that can positively impact their success by the use of practical tips involving goal setting, organization, time management and much more. We look forward to fully implementing the study plan for our students to promote better study habits and a more disciplined approach to academic achievement.”
Shawnell Bradshaw, Assistant Principal- Whitt Elementary, Wylie, Texas
“How to Study (class) was very useful and hopefully hearing it from a new authority/voice will be extremely useful. Stan was very enjoyable to list to.”
Jynette Neal, Parent, Irma Rangel Young Women’s Leadership School, Dallas, Texas
“My 11 year old daughter was engaged all four hours. Fantastic and useful information.”
Monica Brooks, The Hockaday School, Dallas, Texas
“I have known Stanley for over 30 years and I have attended this session. He provides some incredible tools/resources/insights to help our children study better and be prepared to excel in the classroom. I can assure you, it will be time/money very well spent.”
Christopher Plumlee, President, Elevate Strategy Group, Murphy, Texas
“This class was a wonderful value for students and parents alike. I especially enjoyed the way Stan carefully tailored the content for each participant. He demonstrated tangible strategies, team engagement and real world examples to get the points across. Often the classroom rigor can be overwhelming for my sons, but since learning the “winning habits”, we have immediate and long-term resources to implement at home and school. I believed we walked away with personalized tools for success!”
Danielle Wesley, Chapter Representative of Jack and Jill of America, Inc., Murphy Texas
“It was really helpful, and I will put these tips into my life.”
Zoe, Student, Greenhill School, Addison, Texas
“We really enjoyed the class and found it fun and helpful.”
Leigh Horan, Attorney and Parent of a middle school class participant, Dallas, Texas
“I enjoyed it, learned a great deal and appreciate it.”
Jonathan McClellan, Educator, Jack and Jill of America member, and Parent of a Hockaday School middle schooler, Dallas, Texas
“Very effective class that provides students with many of the skills needed to succeed in this hyper competitive environment our kids find themselves in these days.”
Mark Howard, Financial Services Executive and Parent of a Bishop Lynch High School student, Dallas, Texas
“This was an excellent course for me and my son. All of the topics were relevant and things he can begin to use today to improve his grades. I would recommend this course to others.”
Kimberly Hall, Parent of a High School Student, Allen Texas