Stan’s How to Study Class
WHAT IS IT?
- An in-person class designed to help students be successful in school.
- Students are equipped with easily implementable How to Study skills, strategies, and actions that aim to have an immediate impact on their academic performance.
- This class is open to the public.
WHO IS THE HOW TO STUDY CLASS FOR?
- Middle School Students (6th grade and up) – improve your academic performance in middle school and likewise get a head start on fine-tuning the study skills you’ll need to be successful in high school.
- High School Students – grades and the rigor of your high school classes are fundamental to the college admissions process. Having strong study skills serves as the foundation for earning good grades, regardless of the subject you are studying.
- College Students – college classes are demanding, even for the student who excelled in high school. Strong study skills are essential to your ability to do well in college and ultimately to graduate on time.
- Community Groups – private programs at your location or ours can be set up to fit the needs of your community group.
BENEFITS OF THIS ClASS:
- Improved grades in school (which, by the way, increases your chances for scholarships, admission to academic programs, and job opportunities)
- Less stress, particularly with regard to completing school assignments
- Greater confidence on the part of the student in terms of his or her ability to do well in school
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Goal Setting
- Organization Skills
- Time Management
- Communicating with Teachers
- Preparing for Quizzes, Tests, and Papers
Workbook and lunch is included.
WHO IS THE INSTRUCTOR?
CLASS DATE, TIME, AND LOCATION
- Date: August 3, 2019
- Time: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Modality: In-person class
- Location: Greenhill School, 4141 Spring Valley Road, Addison, TX 75001
- Date: TBA
- Time: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Modality: In-person class
- Location: Westminster School, 1424 West Paces Ferry Road, NW, Atlanta, Ga 30327
HOW MUCH DOES THE CLASS COST?
- If you register through the online shopping cart for Stan’s How to Study Class, you can eliminate the automatically-calculated shipping and handling fee in the shopping cart by scrolling down on the menu bar to the FREE shipping option.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, so we highly encourage parents to reserve your child’s place today!
- Families with multiple children pay for two students and receive 1/2 OFF the registration fee for the third child. Contact us via our client input form in order to provide the names and grades of your children; you only need to complete the client input form if you are registering multiple students.
- Parents and guardians are welcome to attend the class at no cost. Pretty cool, right? We welcome parent and guardian attendance in the class, as this is a great way for you (parents or guardians) to later encourage your student to utilize the material that is presented. However, parents and guardians are asked to sit in the back of the room and to jot down your comments or questions. If time allows at the end of the class, the instructor will address parent or guardian’s questions and comments.
We reserve the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment. In the event a course is cancelled, please allow 4-6 weeks from the scheduled date of the course to receive a refund. We also reserve the right to require the withdrawal of any participant whose conduct is unsatisfactory or who appears unlikely to benefit from the program. If the directors of the program make this decision, a refund will be given for the remaining portion of class fees. We reserve the right to make staffing, schedule, or location changes as may be necessary.
If you are not able to attend the class for which you are registered, you may substitute another person in your place at any time with no penalty.
If you wish to cancel your registration 15 days or more before the public workshop, you will receive a complete refund, minus a $50 processing fee per cancelled ticket. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your refund. No refunds will be issued to any registration cancelled 14 days or less before the event.
Richard is a “B+” student. Yet his parents and teachers know he can easily be an “A-“ or “A” student. What can Richard do?
Stan’s How to Study Class can provide Richard with strategies to improve his study habits, which stands to positively impact his results on school assignments and ultimately improve Richard’s grade point average (GPA). Stan’s How to Study Class will not only help Richard perform well in high school, but also the class will give Richard a competitive advantage by preparing him to meet the increased demands and rigor of college.
Tyler is in middle school and is just learning how to study. Her parents recognize the importance of good study skills in order for Tyler to be successful in both middle school and high school. Tyler’s parents want her to go to college. Her parents are willing to invest in Tyler’s development at an early age because they know it will pay off in the future.
Tyler’s mom and dad are spot on. Tyler’s parents know that 40 to 50 percent of a student’s success in school results from strong study skills, not raw intelligence.
Michael has been struggling in college. This situation is frustrating for Michael, as well as Michael’s family. Even Michael’s professors know he is a highly capable student. Michael needs study skills and strategies to help him be successful in school.
The solution for Michael is Stan’s How to Study class.
“I’m in 9th grade, currently attending Alpharetta High School. this class has helped me immensely already; it has improved my time management skills, study skills, and more! I am very happy that I took this class, it (what I learned in this class) will stay with me, and help me for years to come.”
Will, 9th Grade Student, Alpharetta, Georgia
Matthew, 11th Grade Student, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
“Stan’s How to Study Class was very useful and informative! It offers students a system of strategies that can positively impact their success by the use of practical tips involving goal setting, organization, time management and much more. We look forward to fully implementing the study plan for our students to promote better study habits and a more disciplined approach to academic achievement.”
Shawnell Bradshaw, Assistant Principal- Whitt Elementary, Wylie, Texas
“This course was wonderful, as it highlights many techniques I enforce at home with my children. I believe it is important for parents to model exemplary behavior for our children as they develop academically. Offering opportunities for engagement with our children and academic professionals is simply icing on the cake.
My daughter benefitted from this course through listening, asking pertinent questions, and observing her peers simultaneously.
I HIGHLY recommend this course for children, teens and adults who want to gain an edge on becoming more academically efficient.”
Rev. Regina Franklin-Basye, Mdiv., MS, FT, Dallas, Texas
“How to Study (class) was very useful and hopefully hearing it from a new authority/voice will be extremely useful. Stan was very enjoyable to list to.”
Jynette Neal, Parent, Irma Rangel Young Women’s Leadership School, Dallas, Texas
“My 11 year old daughter was engaged all four hours. Fantastic and useful information.”
Monica Brooks, The Hockaday School, Dallas, Texas
“I have known Stanley for over 30 years and I have attended this session. He provides some incredible tools/resources/insights to help our children study better and be prepared to excel in the classroom. I can assure you, it will be time/money very well spent.”
Christopher Plumlee, President, Elevate Strategy Group, Murphy, Texas
“This class was a wonderful value for students and parents alike. I especially enjoyed the way Stan carefully tailored the content for each participant. He demonstrated tangible strategies, team engagement and real world examples to get the points across. Often the classroom rigor can be overwhelming for my sons, but since learning the “winning habits”, we have immediate and long-term resources to implement at home and school. I believed we walked away with personalized tools for success!”
Danielle Wesley, Chapter Representative of Jack and Jill of America, Inc., Murphy TX
“It was really helpful, and I will put these tips into my life.”
Zoe, Student, Greenhill School, Addison, Texas
“We really enjoyed the class and found it fun and helpful.”
Leigh Horan, Attorney and Parent of a middle school class participant, Dallas, Texas
“I enjoyed it, learned a great deal and appreciate it.”
Jonathan McClellan, Educator, Jack and Jill of America member, and Parent of a Hockaday School middle schooler, Dallas, Texas
“Very effective class that provides students with many of the skills needed to succeed in this hyper competitive environment our kids find themselves in these days.”
Mark Howard, Financial Services Executive and Parent of a Bishop Lynch High School student, Dallas, Texas
“This was an excellent course for me and my son. All of the topics were relevant and things he can begin to use today to improve his grades. I would recommend this course to others.”
Kimberly Hall, Parent of a High School Student, Allen Texas
Spread the Word! Download a flyer here:
- Flyer for posting to websites and social media channels (see below)