Thursdays, June 17, 2021 – July 22, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. CST
Success in college depends — among many factors — on your ability to communicate through writing. Humanities classes, as well as science classes, require you to write. If you are a math, business, or engineering major, it is also important to have strong writing skills. Why? College professors and future employers expect students to be able to communicate clearly and effectively in writing. Nervous? Concerned? Anxious? Don’t be. We are here to help. Our College Writing 2.0 class will equip you with the skills you’ll need to meet and exceed the writing demands of your college professors. Plus, the Writing 2.0 class will prepare you for the writing tasks that are commonly required in the job market.
Key Learning Objectives
- Insights on how to meet and exceed your professor’s expectations on writing assignments
- Strategies to ensure you meet deadlines for writing assignments
- How to exercise critical thinking skills in the process of writing academic essays
- Foundational grammar skills
- Practices to better organize your writing
- Editing techniques
- Ways to avoid plagiarism
- Tips to help you get A’s on your papers and in your classes
- 6-week online class
- Students can see and communicate with the instructor during each class
- Meets one-time per week for one-hour
- Weekly homework assignments
- Reduce anxiety associated with college writing assignments
- Build your confidence in writing
- Develop writing and study habits to support your success during college and after college
- Improve your grades in school
We reserve the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment. In the event a course is cancelled, please allow 4-6 weeks from the scheduled date of the course to receive a refund. We also reserve the right to require the withdrawal of any participant whose conduct is unsatisfactory or who appears unlikely to benefit from the program. If the directors of the program make this decision, a refund will be given for the remaining portion of class fees. We reserve the right to make staffing, schedule, or location changes as may be necessary.
If you are not able to attend the class for which you are registered, you may substitute another person in your place at any time with no penalty.
If you wish to cancel your registration 15 days or more before the public workshop, you will receive a complete refund, minus a $100 processing fee per cancelled ticket. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your refund. No refunds will be issued to any registration cancelled 14 days or less before the event.