Writers Boot Camp
Early-bird Registration Discount Happening Now! Limited Space Available.
TheSecretToWriting.com’s Writers Boot Camp is an intensive two-day writing program, designed to develop fundamental writing skills and to increase the confidence level of students as writers.
During the Writers Boot Camp, students explore and apply TheSecretToWriting.com’s 10-step writing process. Students also work to communicate their ideas in the form of short essays, particularly writing in a way to ensure that each sentence in their written work is both grammatically correct and clearly stated.
With TheSecretToWriting.com ‘s Writers Boot Camp, students benefit by earning better grades in school and reducing the stress that often comes with having to write school papers. Moreover, students gain a mastery of the writing process, a valuable skill-set, that stands to serve each student for a lifetime.
What are the benefits of the Writers Boot Camp?
- Making better grades in school
- Reducing stress associated with writing
- Improving your scores on standardized tests
- Building your confidence in writing
How is the Writers Boot Camp structured?
- Two-day, in-person program
- Students write essays, complete grammar exercises, and explore the writing process
- Course book, handouts, and supplies are provided
Who should participate in the Writers Boot Camp?
- Rising 9th graders through 12th graders
What topics are covered in the Writers Boot Camp?
- Planning to write
- Drafting essays
- Editing skills
- Developing grammar fundamentals
- Addicting style to your writing
- Getting effective teacher/peer feedback
When and where is the Writers Boot Camp?
- Saturday and Sunday, June 9-10, 2018
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Sunday 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tentatively Scheduled to take place at 3900 Rugged Dr., Dallas, Texas 75224
- There is limited space in each session. Enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Lunch is provided.
- Students may complete follow-up assignments during the week immediately following the Writers Boot Camp.
$399 Early-bird Discount Available. Register before March 31, 2018 in order to receive the early-bird discount.
We reserve the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment. In the event a course is cancelled, please allow 4-6 weeks from the scheduled date of the course to receive a refund. We also reserve the right to require the withdrawal of any participant whose conduct is unsatisfactory or who appears unlikely to benefit from the program. If the directors of the program make this decision, a refund will be given for the remaining portion of class fees. We reserve the right to make staffing, schedule, or location changes as may be necessary.
If you are not able to attend the class for which you are registered, you may substitute another person in your place at any time with no penalty.
If you wish to cancel your registration 15 days or more before the public workshop, you will receive a complete refund, minus a $100 processing fee per cancelled ticket. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your refund. No refunds will be issued to any registration cancelled 14 days or less before the event.