for Elementary School Students in grades 4 and 5
What is it?
A writing program designed to help elementary school students with their writing skills in order to ease the transition to middle school
When is it?
Tuesdays, February 8, 2022 – March 15, 2022, 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. CST
- To equip students with the necessary skills to write school essays
- To review foundational grammar skills
- To create a fun learning experience
- Provide students with the skills and training to write a 5-paragraph essay
- Review key grammar concepts, particularly focusing on the parts of speech and sentence structure
- Create fun and engaging learning activities that are designed to reduce the stress and anxiety associated with writing
Students should be able to:
- Use a basic writing process
- Develop position (thesis) statements
- Write topic sentences
- Demonstrate the principle of coherence in their writing
- Construct a 5-paragraph essay that includes an introduction, three supporting paragraphs, and a conclusion
- Target audience: 4th and 5th grade students
- 6-week class, one hour per week
- Online instruction with weekly assignments
- $499, includes class material and a company t-shirt
Stanley B. Lemons
- Texas Southern University, Doctoral Student in Education: Curriculum & Instruction, Houston, TX
- UCLA Anderson School, M.B.A., Los Angeles, CA
- Amherst College, B.A, Amherst, MA
- Georgetown University, Exchange Student, Washington D.C.
- Harvard Business School, Executive Education, Cambridge, MA
- Northwestern University (Kellogg), Executive Education, Evanston, IL
- Greenhill School, Dallas, TX
- Writer/Published Author
- College Counselor
- Scholarship Reviewer, UCLA Alumni Scholarships for Incoming Freshman
- Upward Bound Counselor
- Coro Foundation Public Affairs Fellow
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteer
- Peace Corps Recruiter
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Global Marketing and Communications Strategist: The Coca-Cola Company, Citigroup, Southern Methodist University (SMU), S.B. Lemons & Company
We reserve the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment. In the event a course is cancelled, please allow 4-6 weeks from the scheduled date of the course to receive a refund. We also reserve the right to require the withdrawal of any participant whose conduct is unsatisfactory or who appears unlikely to benefit from the program. If the directors of the program make this decision, a refund will be given for the remaining portion of class fees. We reserve the right to make staffing, schedule, or location changes as may be necessary.
If you are not able to attend the class for which you are registered, you may substitute another person in your place at any time with no penalty.
If you wish to cancel your registration 15 days or more before the public workshop, you will receive a complete refund, minus a $100 processing fee per cancelled ticket. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your refund. No refunds will be issued to any registration cancelled 14 days or less before the event.